This is an easy and simple traditional dish of Himachal Pradesh.A blend of Spinach and Fenugreek leaves cooked and ground to paste and then cooked with wheat or rice flour with spices.
• 1 handful Spinach
• 1/2 handful fenugreek leaves
• 2 tablespoons Curd
• 1 tablespoon rice flour or wheat flour.
• 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds powder
• 2 pinches of turmeric, powder
• 2 pinches of asafoetida powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 1.5 tablespoons of mustard oil
• 2 green chillies(slit)
• Salt as per taste
• Kasturi Methi-1/2 spoon(optional)
• Lemon juice-1/2 spoon.
Blanch palak, green chillies and methi leaves in hot water. Strain and run it in cold water and strain it.
Add lemon juice to the bleached greens in order to retain the fresh green colour.Now blend it by adding curds to not so smooth paste.
In a pan heat the mustard oil and add in ginger,garlic, asafoetida, coriander, cumin, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well add in the salt and some water and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
To this add a paste of rice or wheat flour and cook for another two mins.garnish with Kasturi methi as it gives a added flavour.
Serve this with Roti or hot steamed rice by adding a little ghee before serving.